Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introductions!
05-08-2016, 08:31 PM,
RE: Introductions!
(03-08-2016, 06:47 PM)Francis_499 Wrote: Hi, I'm Dylan. I enrolled in okanawan shuri-ryu karate eight years ago because I was bullied for having a disorder. I am a sufferer of Asperger's syndrome and struggled and still do struggle at times to fit in with this world. I quit karate three years ago and I have been in Chinese kenpo for two years. I just received my green belt. Martial arts has helped me find a sense of purpose and helped me defend myself countless times. Sometimes it is the only thing that really keeps me going.

Hi Dylan! very inspiring message, isn't it interesting how training in martial arts can give you a sense of purpose  Smile I've felt the same with my experience.

I'm glad martial arts has been able to help you through the tough times! Continue training like a champ! Cool

Hello World!:

- Hey does anyone know of any martial art tournaments or competitionsnear cincinnati ohio
06-08-2016, 06:00 PM,
(05-08-2016, 08:28 PM)salsal Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 03:00 PM)Katon Dewangga Wrote: Hi, I'm Katon from Jakarta, Indonesia!

Well, I started martial arts on 2012. I've trained Shorinji Kempo (not really like it, it's just not so me haha  Big Grin ), Taekwondo (like it but the program was closed Confused ) and Muay thai (intensive training) for 2 years. I never focus on 1 martial art at that time but now I already train Kyokushin Karate for almost 2 years and I'm gonna stick with this because it's really fits me. 

So that's my martial art journey!  Smile
Hi Katon! Sounds like you have quite a bit of experience  Smile how comes you stopped training in Muay Thai?

What do you like most about Kyokushin?
Haha thanks, I stop because it's kinda expensive here to train Muay Thai. 

Well, maybe the Kyokushin itself. The katas, conditioning, rituals, the techniques, I just fell in love with it. And it's really cool when you combine it with boxing/kickboxing!  Big Grin

Hello World!:

- Hey does anyone know of any martial art tournaments or competitionsnear cincinnati ohio
Kick High & Bow Low, OSU!  Cool
03-10-2018, 11:14 AM,
I have to agree about katas being awesome. That's what got me into this. So elegant!

Hello World!: